If you have an online store, long-term success depends on having a long-term strategy for growth. After getting the hang of selling and developing a customer base, start fixing your sights on expanding your business.
Here are a few tips for selling on Amazon, your website, or other channels that will help foster online business growth:
- Advertise – Advertising is the most basic direct way of engaging a new audience. Sure, it costs more than other options, but it’s a lot more of a direct path, too. You can start with social media ads, Adwords, etc. to target your customers and specify the amount of money you are willing to spend.
- Embrace social media – Speaking of social media, it offers paid and free options. By grooming a well-thought page you can attract potential customers for free.
- Sale, Sale, Sale! – Discounting products or service can attract word of mouth and new customers. Position your sale towards products or services that are most likely to attract repeat buyers. That way your sale isn’t just taken advantage of but also attracts long-term customers.
- Free, Free, Free! – One step over from a sale is giving away free goods. Offering free samples of your products is an easy way to expose customers to you business.
- Offer something new – Innovation is often the birthplace of new businesses. Can you offer something that may not be new but that is better than the alternatives?
- Referrals – Satisfied customers are among the best forms of advertising. Leverage them using referral-marketing software to ramp up traffic to your site.