Many customers still look for an in-store experience. Being in a store helps build brand recognition and drives shopper loyalty. While technology offers many improvements on an in-store experience, many brands struggle to provide an impactful in-store experience. However, with Amazon Stores, sellers can provide customers with an immersive digital shopping experience.
Let’s dive into Amazon Stores and how they benefit sellers!
Basics of an Amazon Store
An Amazon Store is essentially an online storefront where sellers can showcase their top sellers and establish their branding. Amazon Stores help customers learn more about your brand and build brand loyalty—just like a brick and mortar store. These stores are FREE for brand registered Amazon sellers.
Here are some of the key features that make Amazon Stores so impactful in a digital shopping experience:
- Branded: Amazon provides a number of different templates for sellers to choose from. Each template can be branded to show off what really makes your brand unique.
- Customizable: While Amazon does provide preset templates, these templates are extremely versatile. Sellers can add videos, graphics, and personalized content to appeal to potential buyers.
- Promotional: One of the best features of an Amazon Store is the built-in promotion. Amazon Stores have social sharing buttons, headling search ads, and more to drive additional traffic to your products.
In addition to these key features, Amazon Stores can be used to drive internal and external traffic to your brand, potentially boosting your own Amazon rankings and giving your sales a boost.
Customers can reach your store by clicking on your brand name from a product detail page. Or, they can go directly to it using your store’s unique URL (www.amazon.com/brand). This URL can be shared across social media or other platforms to drive external traffic.
Personalizing Your Store
Every Amazon Store is different. Each one is unique and tailored to the brand. But with so many existing Amazon Stores, how can you make yours stand out?
Here is a quick look at the different templates along with suggestions on how to make the most out of your Amazon Store.
The Amazon Store Builder tool makes it extremely easy to get started. Even inexperienced sellers can create a store in just minutes. That means that you don’t have to be a professional designer or programmer to get a professional Amazon Store.
Once completed within the Store Builder, your store can go live within 72 hours. However, this depends on the review process. Amazon Stores are all reviewed for spelling and punctuation, to ensure the page is mobile friendly, and to ensure that all multimedia elements can be easily viewed.
And did we mention that you can have multi-page Amazon Stores? The Store Builder allows up to 3 levels deep of Amazon Store pages for your brand to show off products or product categories.
Amazon provides several different preset templates for sellers to choose from. Each template has a header and a footer. In between these elements are a number of content tiles that can be customized.
Here are Amazon’s 3 default templates:
- Product Grid: This template is just what it sounds like: a grid. It displays a variety of your products in a simple and easy-to-navigate grid.
- Showcase: If you want a template that provides space for content, this is the one for you. The Showcase template lets you show off products while also giving you plenty of room for basic product information.
- Marquee: Showcase your best products with the Marquee template. It allows for select products to be shown, and it provides more tiles for imagery and copy.
Each brand can also choose from Amazon’s widgets, which auto-populate best sellers from your brand based on what the individual shopper is interested in. These widgets are a great way to put the right products in front of the right people.
And you don’t have to do a thing! Once added to your store, widgets will update automatically when you add or remove listings.
Each template allows for multimedia content, and sellers should take advantage of it. You can include images, graphics, slideshows, and videos to show off your products.
We recommend a combination of multimedia to entice them to learn more about your brand. Video naturally captures a viewer’s attention, and they can let you show how your products can be used. But too many videos can seem overwhelming. Complement videos with graphics that point out key features and show off your brand’s personality.
Managing Your Amazon Store
Amazon provides tools to help sellers understand the impact of their Amazon Store and to update it when necessary.
Updating Your Store
The Amazon Store Manager provides sellers an easy way to update their store. Here are the 4 sections that make the Store Manager:
- Page Manager: This tool is used to create, select, delete, and move pages from your Amazon Store.
- Tile Manager: This section allows you to edit, add, arrange, and delete tiles from your Amazon Store.
- Preview Window: Get a preview of your updated Amazon Store using this window.
- Status Bar: If you have any errors in your store, the status bar will let you know.
In addition to the Store Manager, Amazon provides Store Insights to help you understand how well your store is performing. Here are some of the key metrics included in Store Insights:
- Daily Visitors: Total number of unique users that viewed your store in one day.
- Views: Number of total store views in a given time period (includes repeats).
- Views/Visitor: Average number of unique pages viewed by a daily visitor.
- Sales: Estimated sales generated by your viewers.
- Units Sold: Estimated total units sold to your viewers.
Not only does Amazon Store Insights allow sellers to check on page performance, but sellers can also measure insights for various traffic sources, including Amazon Headline Search ads, Amazon organic traffic, and sources that are tagged with a custom source tag.
The Bottom Line
Amazon Stores are a great way to establish your brand’s identity. Because Amazon Stores are free, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be taking advantage of them to drive more traffic to your listings and ultimately boost your sales.
For help creating your Amazon Store, contact our experts!