It is summer again, the time for vacation and outdoor adventures. Kids will be out of school, and there will be time for memorable family vacations. Beaches will be packed with people who want to enjoy the sea and sun. Parks will see record attendance as families explore nature’s beauties.
As people head outdoors, many businesses fear that shopping will become a lower priority. Owners of brick-and-mortar and online stores may have concerns about losing revenue during the summer months.
While summer can pose a challenge to retail establishments, it doesn’t have to be a deal breaker. While sales of certain merchandise slip in summer, other items fly off the shelves. There are some significant holidays in summer that spur sales volume. People will be snapping up gifts for Father’s Day and graduations. The Fourth of July prompts shoppers to action as well.
Knowing what’s popular during summer can help you manage your merchandise and promotions accordingly. The following items will help sales during the summer months. Do any compliment your inventory for a boost to summer sales?
- Sunglasses – Whether people are running errands or going on vacation, sunglasses are indispensable items when the sun is at its brightest.
- Hats – Like sunglasses, hats sell fast because people need protection from the UV rays of the sun.
- Sunscreen – Together with hats and other sun protection, sunscreen is a must, especially to those people heading to the beach or the pool.
- Beachwear – Beachwear will be in high demand as people head to the beach and the swimming pools. Many people want new gear and swimwear because last year’s versions have become old and tired.
- Cameras – People seek out reliable cameras to capture memorable moments during family vacations.