Amazon is introducing a program that will make it easier for sellers to reach out to their customers on Amazon to request product reviews. But what’s at stake with this new program? Why have some sellers and software providers been suspended? What should you do if you are yet to be suspended?
Even though Amazon has made these big changes, there are still a lot of “black hat” tactics going on and it’s very unfortunate for honest sellers. Competing with sellers engaging in these techniques can be very challenging.
James Thomson is a seasoned entrepreneur and an Amazon expert who joined Buy Box Experts in 2013. He is the co-author of The Amazon Marketplace Dilemma and co-founder of The Prosper Show. He holds a PhD in Marketing Strategy from Northwestern University.
In this episode, Eric Stopper is joined by James Thomson to talk about Amazon’s new Request a Review button, automatic vs. manual buttons, and Amazon sellers’ use of “black hat” tactics.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [01:03] Amazon’s new review button
- [03:41] Should people expect correspondence from Amazon?
- [07:54] How should Amazon roll out new functionalities?
- [08:33] Are automatic buttons better than manual buttons?
- [10:42] Detecting rampant black hat techniques
- [12:50] How software providers are helping their suspended clients
- [14:21] The future of the program & software providers
- [16:20] What to do if you haven’t been suspended
Resources Mentioned on this episode
- Buy Box Experts
- The Amazon Marketplace Dilemma: A Brand Executive’s Challenge Growing Sales and Maintaining Control
- The Prosper Show
Sponsor for this episode
Buy Box Experts applies decades of e-commerce experience to successfully manage clients’ marketplace accounts. The Buy Box account managers specialize in combining an understanding of clients’ business fundamentals and an in-depth expertise in the Amazon Marketplace.
The team works with marketplace technicians using a system of processes, proprietary software, and extensive channel experience to ensure your Amazon presence captures the opportunity on the marketplace, not only producing greater revenue and profits, but also reducing or eliminating your business’ workload.
Buy Box Experts prides itself on being one of the few agencies with an SMB (small to medium-sized business) division and an Enterprise division. Buy Box does not commingle clients among divisions as each has unique needs and requirements for proper account management.