We’ve recently discussed specific elements of Amazon’s A9 algorithm including product availability, price, relevancy, and sales velocity. And now we want to bring it all together by providing a cumulative checklist of what sellers can do to feed Amazon’s A9 algorithm.
By optimizing your content, you can prove your relevancy to the A9 algorithm in addition to driving more sales. Here are some tips for content:
- Include relevant and high-volume keywords
- Strategically place those keywords in your title, bullet points, and product description
- Maximize character counts without keyword stuffing
- Clearly explain your product’s benefits and paint a picture of its uses
- Anticipate common questions to provide potential customers with as much relevant information as possible
Detailed product descriptions that are user-friendly and packed with relevant keywords will rank better on Amazon and will receive more sales.
Images are the number 1 factor when it comes to a product’s conversion. Visuals are becoming more important and are influencing buyer decisions more than ever. Having clear images and beautiful infographics can help boost your sales velocity.
Here are some general tips to follow when uploading images:
- Put your main image on a white background.
- Make all images zoomable quality (at least 1000 pixels).
- Include lifestyle images that show product uses or features.
- Create infographics to highlight unique selling points, dimensions, and more. But don’t make these too busy! Simple designs are often effective, and they’re easier to see on mobile devices.
Crafting effective PPC campaigns can increase your sales velocity and help get you more sales. However, remember that Amazon’s A9 algorithm looks for consistent, long-term sales. So don’t rely exclusively on PPC. Build up your customer base and keep buyers coming back for a steady stream of sales over time.
Here are some tips to consider when optimizing your PPC campaign:
- Know the true cost of your product, which includes extra fees and costs. Set your promotion and your campaign budget according to this true cost.
- Bid on a variety of keyword types: broad match, phrase match, and exact match.
- Test keywords and adjust bidding based on performance. If a keyword isn’t resulting in purchases, pause it.
- Set an ad schedule to show your ads at the right time.
Reviews play a huge role in the buyer’s decision and in the A9 algorithm. If your product doesn’t have good reviews, it won’t be able to compete against direct competitors who have a large number of good reviews. Customers are doing more product research than they used to, and having a lot of honest reviews in favor of your product will help you get more sales.
- Don’t pay for reviews.
- Research your competitors and know how you compare to your competition.
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews.
Price is the only direct ranking factor that sellers can completely control. But in order to feed the beast, your price has to be reasonable. Price can also influence buying decisions and impact sales velocity. Consider the following when setting your price:
- Check your competitors’ pricing to make sure your pricing is comparable. A slightly lower price can give you a competitive advantage.
- Try rule-based pricing or algorithmic pricing to eliminate some of the tediousness of manual-based pricing.
For more information about how you can feed the beast and move up in your Amazon rank, reach out! One of our Amazon experts would be more than happy to give you some personalized feedback.