Amazon Marketplace Client Manager
Do you enjoy building new businesses, by applying careful data analysis and consistent operational processes? We are looking for an Ecommerce Client Manager to manage our fast-growing online client base of mid-size brands.
The Client Manager role offers the unique opportunity to manage the client relationship of several clients growing their Amazon marketplace businesses, often at triple-digit growth annually. This role will have several key responsibilities including:
- Seller Management: You will develop trusted working relationship of newly signed clients, managing their P&L of their online businesses that we handle.
- Operations: You will coordinate with our remote team of operations specialists to provide day-to-day support of each client’s account, including repetitive tasks and one-off projects.
- Legal: When appropriate, you will also coordinate with our legal team to help our clients achieve consistent product distribution and pricing in their online channels.
- Growth Strategy: Scale the growth of each client through new selection, product listing quality and in-stock opportunities
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity. He/she will have strong analytical skills, excellent judgment and will over-index in several leadership competencies, including invent and simplify, ownership, bias for action and deliver results. The Online Client Manager must:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Amazon Marketplace channel
- Create and communicate effectively with clients regularly
- Be comfortable getting hands dirty to deliver business improvement results
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our client objectives
- Prepare and present regular category strategy updates to clients
- Design, develop and implement performance metrics for key suppliers
- Develop a strong connection to your clients: become an expert in their businesses, balance the control of conversations & meetings with clients; remain efficient in those meetings, staying on point to agenda that you created and shared for each client meeting.
- 2+ years in product or partnership management is required along with related business experience that demonstrates strong analytics, strategy development and project leadership skills.
- 2+ years of advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and formulae
- 2+ years of experience working at Amazon, with Amazon sellers or as an Amazon seller
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Proven track record of ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, educating and advising clients
- Self-critical, seeking to develop own skill base daily
- Excellent conflict/problem resolution skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, and communicating clearly through email
- 2+ years of experience working in a relevant first-party or third-party role at either Amazon.com or a consulting practice focused on Amazon.com
The successful candidate can work out in a home office from any location in the US, but must be available to support client calls from 9am – 2pm Pacific. It is reasonable to expect a 45-50 hour week, though the specific hours the success candidate chooses to work are very flexible.
The position includes salary, year-end bonus and benefits.